Thursday 11 January 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Bargains, Weight Loss, Fell Running and Castle Building #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

Thanks to the lovely Michelle for hosting again this week. I am feeling pretty chipper at the moment so I have chosen just a few key reasons to be cheerful:

1) Charity Bargain

Whilst dropping off some books at a local charity shop I spotted this lovely long wool skirt for only £2.50. Its been super for work and I love wearing it:


I had also picked up a brand new Ikea throw in another charity shop for a 1/3 of its normal price. With mismatched furniture throws are essential!

2) Detox

I have been doing a detox for just over a week to kick start my healthy eating for the year. One of my new discoveries is overnight oats which turned out to be scrummy:


In the first week I lost 4 lb which is a good step on the way to a healthier me!

3) Fell Running


I have already blogged about Sunday's fell race and since then someone posted a photograph of my son's finish in which he overtook at least one of the other runners:


The video I took has had the most views of any recent ones so that is another reason to be cheerful!

4) Castle Building

I have been working as a Teaching Assistant in a new school for a short term role and in my first couple of days I was asked to make a castle role play area out of cardboard boxes. The children helped me to paint it and print the stones on to it. I have also made a treasure chest for the dressing up clothes. There will be some flags that they have made to hang from the strings next week:


5) Proud Mum

My daughter is campaigning for better mental health services for young people and her poster has been shared by our local MP. Let's hope she can be a voice for change and get something done as this area of healthcare is badly under provisioned and as a result too many young people (and adults) have lost their lives.

I will be joining in with the linky and hope that you will too!

10 comments:

  1. Sarah Cruickshank11 January 2018 at 18:49

    Loving your reasons Becky. I too am a fan of overnight oats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to google overnight oats as soon as I'm finished commenting. Well done on your weight loss. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to read about outdoor active kids and what views for a running challenge! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hope he wants to keep it up! Plenty of kids up here that love running up hills and getting muddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coombe Mill (Fiona)13 January 2018 at 11:17

    So pleased to see a lovely sunny day for this fell run, I did feel for him on the icy snowy days, this looks beautiful and I hope he did well, he certainly looks like he is putting his all into it again.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to your daughter for campaigning, it is so important to get involved in what you believe in at a young age. God luck with the healthy eating and well done on the charity finds, I love agood bargain. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our friends live in Kendal and are keen runners, so we wonder whether they were part of the race too! Looks a hard ascent, we couldn't run it x #CountryKids x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it all went well, you live in such a beautiful part of the country #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to both your children, it's great when they make you proud isn't it? That castle looks amazing and well done on the weight loss - my daughter is a big fan of overnight oats too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sara (@mumturnedmom)17 January 2018 at 02:18

    You certainly did have a good view! Stunning spot for a run. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message