Thursday 17 May 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

Its Thursday so that means its Reasons to be Cheerful with the lovely Michelle hosting this week! A slight change next week as its back with me even though its still May. Then we are both having a week off so that we can make the most of the school holidays with our families! Meanwhile here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Bluebells

They are looking wonderful at the moment as they hit their peak. One of my favourite flowers to see whilst out and about:

bluebells

2) A country run

I am enjoying being back in my happy place and getting longer runs in back in the beautiful countryside:




3) Friends get together

The weekend saw one of our high school get togethers with our families. Wonderful to catch up with friends that live so far away from me. The children all got on really well even to the extent of a collective hide from the obligatory group photograph:







 4) Meatballs!

We had driven south for a change so that it gave us a chance to stop at Ikea for lunch on the way home:





5) Winning things

I won a Twitter competition from Hallmark with a prize of a giant cuddly Darth Vader. I think my son believes it is his prize:


6) Athletics coaching

My son was invited a one-off throwing session with an expert coach at his athletics club. The coach is the father of Commonwealth gold medallist in the hammer Nick Miller. He is only just learning the full throwing events at 11 but its the part of athletics he shows the most potential in:




2 comments:

  1. Oh fab, so many good reasons here. I haven't had Ikea meatballs for ages and I fancy some now! So nice to have friends over and all the kids hit it off. Have a fab week, Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bluebells. And IKEA of course. :). Have a lovely weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message