Thursday 10 May 2018

Reasons to be cheerful: Sunshine, Friends and Proud Mum #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

Its Thursday so its Reasons to be Cheerful this month hosted by Michelle. I have got plenty of reasons to be cheerful this week so here we go:

1) Proud Mum #1

My son had his first outdoor athletics competition as an under 13. He was one of the youngest competitors but came out with a silver medal in the shot putt:


2) Proud Mum #2

It was my daughter's first parents' evening since changing secondary school this academic year. She missed most of the summer term due to ill health but due to her hard work her grades have recovered and she is nearly back to where she was. A glowing report and wonderful comments from her teachers!

3) Outdoor Fun in the Lakes
My son and I both made the most of the glorious weather on Sunday. He went off for an all day hike with school up the Old Man at Coniston:


I was up on Clough Head for a fell race and soaking in the sun and the stunning views:


4) Getting Faster

I decided to use intervals to really go for it at parkrun this week. My time was the fastest since September before I got injured! It shows my fitness is coming back as my foot recovers:



5) Gardening 

My wildflower seeds are starting to sprout through the soil. I wonder what they will be when they blossom:



6) Running with friends

This week I have managed to get out and run twice with friends. Once along the canal and river in Kendal which included this stile:




Then a run around Sedbergh which showed me lots of new places:


I am looking forward to more runs like these!



4 comments:

  1. Brilliant reasons! Glad to hear that you're getting back to fitness, it's frustrating when injury slows you down xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning views as usual. A big well done to both your kids. And to you for your running times. I'm following the flowers on your blog too. Have a wonderful weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your run route looks great, big well done for getting out and about so much. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to both your children and so glad you've managed to get back to the running now, and that you're getting back to where you were x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message