Thursday 8 March 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Time to Talk about Mental Health #TimeToTalk #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

This is a very special Reasons to be Cheerful from an extremely proud mum! Very happy to be joining in with Michelle this week. I have one very big reason and all its about my daughter and her campaigning for adequate mental health provision for young people in our area. She had approached our MP Tim Farron about the fact that provision was only 9-5 Monday to Friday and he had campaigned to get this improved. 

As part of the campaign my daughter agreed to be interviewed by BBC North West and they sent a reporter and cameraman to talk to her:


The Westmorland Gazette had interviewed me before the news broke of improvements being implemented increasing the hours of services for young people. It is still not enough as it will only be 9-1 at the weekend! They spoke to and photographed my daughter to get her reaction too:


I am so proud of my girl for standing up and talking about something that is often kept behind closed doors. If more people spoke about it then maybe more would be done? I am also pleased that the campaign has had some success but it is still a work in progress to improve mental health provision for young people (and adults) not only in South Lakeland but across the country!

6 comments:

  1. Sarah Cruickshank8 March 2018 at 23:52

    Brilliant job! CAMHS services are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right, you should be proud of her, every change like that is a step forward. Just imagine what she'll be doing in the future. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how amazing I think your daughter is, and I'd like to wish her the very best for tomorrow too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely place to go running, but it does look so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you got out in the snow and still did your run too! Beautiful place to run

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coombe Mill (Fiona)16 March 2018 at 00:34

    Burrr to running with all that snow on the ground! I love the clip from your son running, I can almost feel his paces as the camera jumps from side to side with each step. He was going a fair old pace! I think you must have covered quite a distance getting in position to film them all from different places too!

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message