Thursday 22 February 2018

Reasons to be Cheerful: Running, Tulips, DIY and Winning #R2BC

R2BC at Mummy from the Heart

At least I have remembered what day of the week it is this week so that I am ready for hosting! I am enjoying reading and sharing your posts this month and look forward to it again this week. Meanwhile here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) Up and running

After a visit to the podiatrist I have been told to not give up running! I have new insoles to correct my flat feet and pigeon toes which should hopefully sort out my painful heel. So I was delighted to head over to Lancaster parkrun for a Run Mummy Run meet and our annual tourist trip to Williamson Park:


2) Winning things

I have won 2 Facebook competitions this week. First of all I have won a Haynes manual for the NASA Skylab:



Secondly I have won a burlesque photoshoot - ooh er missus - a chance to get primped, preened and try out a corset! Not sure if the results of that will be appearing on here...

3) Overdue DIY

With it being half term I decided to catch up on some long overdue DIY. The back hall area had not been decorated or taken much care of since we moved in nearly 3 years ago. So I slapped on a couple of coats of leftover paint (from my bedroom I think) on the walls, gloss painted the door and woodwork and my dad put up this shelf (it is deliberately high as the doors open on to that wall!


4) Lovely surprise

I lent a friend my laminator for her son's homework and when she returned it there was a bunch of tulips as a thank you:


5) Gardening

I have got around to planting out my bargain £1 rose bush:



There is also a new flower bed at the front of the house with a buddleia already in at one end. Now we are forecast sub zero temperatures the bulbs and seeds for the rest will have to wait...



So now its over to you! Share your own reasons to be cheerful by linking up. Don't forget to share the linky love by commenting on the other posts too. I look forward to reading them all...

get the InLinkz code

6 comments:

  1. Great that you can continue running as you love doing it and it's good for you. Thoughts turning to spring and planting the garden is exciting. And well done on your wins. I absolutely want to see the photos from the photoshoot! Have a good weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place to run, fell running always looks so interesting with lots of different terrain to cover. I'm super impressed with everyone coping with the boggy parts as they run through, it looks so similar to some of the terrain I cover over the moors. Oliver's chest cam footage is fantastic, a great way to capture the race.

    Thanks for sharing with me on #CountryKids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you can continue running and the tulips are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s one interesting run. With all different types of terrain it must be hard to navigate and you really have to think and run at the same time - my mummy usually just shuts off when road running. Love the chest cam footage! #CountryKids x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo of the start of the race is amazingly clear. Their movement captured well. Lovely videos too! I feel like I am running with them. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a run to achieve! Well done to you all. I can't run on the flat roads let alone in the mud and puddles!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message