Monday 12 February 2018

KWL 2018 Barbondale Fell Race #CountryKIds

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Another freezing cold Sunday meant another few hours on a fell side videoing fell running! It was the toughest event in Kendal Winter League as its mostly vertical from the bottom of this slope:


My son wasn't running it as he doesn't like the vertical races so he was happy to help the sponsors set up before the event:


Then he clambered up the hillside with me so that we could find the best spots for filming. I stayed below the infamous scree patch and he initially went to the under 13 turning point which was just above the scree. This was my view whilst I was waiting for the runners:



It was such a tough race that an awful lot of it is impossible to run and a fair amount of the descent was spent on bottoms! We combined our footage for the race to make this YouTube video:



They are incredibly tough cookies here in Cumbria as it was cold and at times it snowed! There are some more videos to come once the other 3 races have uploaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message