Saturday 4 March 2017

Reasons to be Cheerful: Adventures and World Book Day #R2BC


It is a good job Michelle is back hosting as life has gone bonkers here again! As you can tell by the fact I am joining a Thursday bloghop on a Saturday...  Here are my reasons to be cheerful since last week:

1) Adventures in Northumberland

We really enjoyed our break in Seahouses even with Storm Doris! I have already posted about Bamburg Castle and hope to do more posts about what we got up to. In the meantime here is a taster of how magical Northumberland beaches and castles are from our walk to Dunstanburgh Castle:


2) Hexham pitstop

We realised that about half way from Seahouses to Kendal is the historic town of Hexham, which I remember reading about in Catherine Cookson novels! So we stopped for 2 hours for an early lunch and a chance to explore the wonderful Abbey:


3) Proud Mum

I had reasons to be cheerful about both my children this week. First up my son at his latest athletics competition. He tried his very best and managed a 4th position in one of the events:




Secondly my daughter who has not only shown what a good friend she can be but also how creative she could be to accessorise her World Book Day costume to this fabulous extent:


4) World Book Day and Blipfoto

We had an amazing day turning our school into Hogwarts for World Book Day! All the teachers taught a magical lesson and I was Professor Sprout teaching Herbology by planting Mandrakes (aka cress seeds). It made for a perfect blip to celebrate 2,500 daily photos over 6 years:



Looking forward to visiting all the other hoppers in the happiest blog hop around...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message