Friday 10 June 2016

#CountryKids Grasmere Gallop 2016 #FitnessFriday

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

We took full advantage of our inclusive breakfast at the Macdonald Old England to fuel us for the Grasmere Gallop. Not only was there a continental buffet but a full cooked English as well which I failed to finish:


My son went for a simpler version but just had too have a bit of fun with it:


The advantage of being in Bowness meant that it was a much shorter drive up to the Grasmere Sports' site where we registered and met up with friends (Four Pairs of Trainers). This year the race had gone hi-tech and we had ankle timing chips:


It was a very hot day and I struggled over the 5.7km route but my son looked very fresh when caught on camera by James Kirkby:



Even I managed a smile for the camera:


My son was 5th overall in the race and the first one under 10. His race looked really good:



My Garmin failed to kick in for a while so apparently I ran less than 5k! I was 32nd adult out of 62 and 2nd in my age category despite having a slow run:


Both us happy with our race bling (his 3rd and my 4th) and all signed up for next year (when I will attempt the 10k):


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message