Thursday 11 February 2016

Reasons to be Cheerful: the winning edition #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful

Thanks for joining in last week, technical hitches meant that the linky tool had to change part way through the week! Here are the reasons I am cheerful this week:

1) Winning things

Its been a while since I won something so I was surprised to get an email from Wilkinson Cameras to say I won one of the 12 prizes from their recent competition. Very chuffed to have won a proper camera as my prize was a DSLR:


Now to learn how to use it! First attempt on Flickr just using Intelligent Auto mode.

2) Quality time with my boy

My daughter was away on a school residential this weekend so I had time with just my boy:


3) Kendal flood recovery

One of the worst aftermaths of the storms in December has been the damage to Cumbria's transport infrastructure. In Kendal the damage to one of the 2 bridges that allowed two-way traffic across the river has caused gridlock and chaos. We are all so relieved that the temporary fix has finally been successful this week (story on Westmorland Gazette). Lots more work to be done in the county but this was a good news story!

Why are you smiling this week? Please link your posts and grab the badge...


Reasons to be Cheerful 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message