Friday 15 January 2016

Fitness Friday: Brathay Half Marathon training week 2 #ThisGirlCan


Well my marathon training moved on quite well over this last week with a total of 20 km of running - which is as far as I have to go in one run for the half marathon! I started out with what was described as an "easy" 5 km in the program:


It was a wet and cold run and not at all fast but more comfortable than the previous week:


On Saturday my son and I headed over to Lancaster as they were launching their first Parkrun at Williamson Park:


We were rather surprised at being part of 374 runners at the start:




It was a hilly, wet and muddy route to complete the 5km.


My son was 89th and 2nd in his age category (66th by age grading) whilst I was 276th and 20th in mine... (age grading better at 238th!). We had a well earned hot drink in the cafe afterwards:


This Tuesday was able to get out with my Run England group and we did 7km including the long climb passed the hospital. Running in a group really encourages you to push yourself as you don't want to be the one to quit!


I was relieved to finish:

The final mini run was out with my son's training group. The youngsters are so fast so its a good job we get to recover whilst supervising them at various points:


All in all a good running week but not one in which I lost any weight! Hoping to fight off my current cold to run Parkrun tomorrow and then a 6km cross country on Sunday..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message