Monday 10 November 2014

#CountryKids Tree Top Nets at Brockhole

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

For my children's birthdays they decided to take a couple of friends each to Tree Top Nets at Brockhole. These are a new idea for children (and adults) aged 3 and over to enjoy fun up to 9 m off the ground without the need for helmets and safety lines! You ascend up a netting tunnel to reach the main area:


The height is more obvious from below:


The children went flying up to the top, I was a lot more cautious as it sways more with an adult weight! Once you get to the top then there is a large complex of nets with plenty of room for children to run around:




I was a lot more nervous than the children who did not at all seem non-plussed by the height off the ground:


It isn't just a big place to run around in either, there were a few large rubber balls to play with too:


Only catch with those was that groups of children didn't like sharing them and at times it was a bit like Lord of the Flies as they fought over them. It would have been better if more adults had remained up on the nets for supervision, at times I was the only one with about 20 children! The girls had lots of fun bouncing as high as they could:


There are a couple of web slides (just watch out for elasticated coat toggles!) which even I had a go on! The children told me I was too fat for the straight descent so of course I had to prove them wrong... when I reached the half way point I began to think they were right:


I just about managed to get myself out the bottom but only after briefly getting wedged with one knee somewhere up near my chin! As you can see by the photo with my 8 year old in the tunnel there really isn't a lot of room:


We had paid for a full 2 hour session but with all the fun and games we got off a bit early rather cold and damp!


10 comments:

  1. Coombe Mill (Fiona)15 November 2014 at 15:45

    This looks like loads of fun and I'm sure my kids would love it, I wouldn't have been half as keen to get up there though, it took a lot of persuading to get me to do Go Ape on our holiday last year. Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats looks amazing! What an adventure you had. Its like a giant trampoline!!! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow my kids would go wild for this (and I would quite enjoy it too I think!) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like amazing fun and I would love to try it

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message