Saturday 18 October 2014

#CountryKids Fell Foot Parkrun

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall


Today saw the very first parkrun at Fell Foot Park finally an event close enough to our home to get there for 9 AM! So I had added my son to the register and we all headed off through intermittent drizzle to the south end of Windermere. We were surprised by the number of people who had turned up in the wet to kick off this new event. My son was raring to go:


After a pep talk by the lead organiser we were set off to go around the beautiful grounds and into the neighbouring meadow. The runners were all ages, shapes and sizes from babies in buggies to one gentleman over 85. It was such a friendly atmosphere as we ran, jogged and staggered along. I kept my son near me until the last 500 m when I let him run on ahead as he had more energy left than me! I did find the energy for a final sprint as I was being cheered on by over 100 people at the finish... My son looked very pleased with himself for finishing just under a minute ahead of me:




My daughter had been assisting at the finish and is hoping to be a full marshal for future events. My son and I were both drowned rats but happy ones:


It turned out my son was 6th fastest boy under 10 out of 9 and I was 15th out of 21 in my category. So now we have set our personal bests and can have another go next month:

Afterwards most people headed to the cafe for a well earned hot drink and a slice of cake:


It is such a beautiful spot to be at I am glad that I have an excuse to keep on going back! Wonder what the view will be like next time:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message