Thursday 11 September 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: Indian Summer Edition #R2BC


I do hope everyone is still smiling a week (or more!) back into the new school term? Thanks for everyone who joined in last week and I do hope that I managed to visit you all... Now for this week's reasons to be cheerful for me:

1)  Indian Summer

It has been a glorious few days and we have been able to spend more time outdoors soaking up the sun. Who knows when it will go away so outdoor lunch at the weekend was a must!




2) Simple Pleasures

I finally found corn kernels in a supermarket and we had such fun watching them pop in the pan! So much healthier than the prepackaged stuff and we can have even more fun working out tasty seasonings:


3) Studying

I am still enjoying the course and a little less knackered this week (getting used to a 6 AM alarm...). Its such a mix that no 2 days are the same. There have been some more formal sessions at the university and a huge reading list including books like this one:


But also times with my fellow local students and in our local schools which are much more hands on and exciting. Today I am on a school trip with my placement school to the Westmorland Show which is a huge reason to grin!

4) Health and Fitness

My aim of losing a stone before my birthday is looking promising as I have lost just over 5lbs already in a week and half. Having started by just being more sensible, avoiding alcohol and getting out running again this week I got a bit more serious. I am using Noom to track my food intake and set me a healthy calorie allowance. It really does make you think about what you what you eat if you have to record it... 

Oh and I've managed a couple of runs including some with better times - if only my Garmin would talk to the laptop I seem to have upset it...

Please join us and share your happiness and grab the badge if you would like it:



Reasons to be Cheerful 

6 comments:

  1. We also love 'proper' pop corn at thome, thanks for hosting #R2BC & have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my pleasure and now the linky works ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for Blue Sky11 September 2014 at 21:07

    I keep meaning to try proper popcorn too! Great news on the course and your health drive, and of course Cumbria looks stunning as usual xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit to seeing all your wonderful photos on Instagram. Am very impressed with all the running, good to hear that it is paying off. The teacher training sounds great.... although would rather read a Cathy Kelly than 'Teaching English'!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message