Thursday 17 April 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: Week 16 - 2014 #R2BC

Ojos World

Once again thanks to Jo for hosting this week! Have to say I am not just smiling this week but grinning from ear to ear and here is why:

1) Family Fun

Think I will need a holiday to recover from this holiday with all the days out we have had! Cycling to Wray Castle, local fun at Damson Day, an adrenalin rush on Go Ape Junior, hunting for the Gruffalo at Grizedale, hiking from Elterwater and a day at Brockhole. There has been a lot of faces looking like this this week:

smiling girl

2) Blue skies

It's been wonderful to have so many days with blue skies which has enabled a lot of this fun to go on:


3) Winning things

I know I have had some lucky wins in the past but in one day I found I out that I had one two. The best one is a week's holiday in Cornwall thanks to their tourist board! Due to restrictions on dates we have to wait until next Easter to take it but something really exciting to look forward to. Just wish I'd been able to invite more of my family but will be great for my children to spend time with their only cousin.

Then I won tickets to see the Liverpool Philarmonic just a shame I can't get there and I am asking my family if they can go instead! Hey ho hope someone makes the most of my windfall..

Why are you smiling this week?

27 comments:

  1. Love the pics! The blue sky looks amazing! :) Great reasons to be happy! x

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic pic of your beautiful daughter!
    Great wins! I hope someone uses your tickets, maybe you could do a giveaway?
    Have a great Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! too short notice.. you too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures & congratulations on the wins!! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Massive well done on the wins! And yay for family fun, looks like you are all having a great Easter holiday :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We found a coin tree down near Tarr Bridge on Exmoor. Nice to think that there are more trees to come across. What a walk. 6 hours seems a good time for all the ups and downs. Smiling at the sign saying "Not recommended" I bet some see that as a challenge.#CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merlinda Little19 April 2014 at 07:36

    Wow that place is pretty awesome. Falls, trails, caves.. everything is in it! Thanks for sharing your trip =) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are loads in lakes! It was all stops and starts should take just under 4... Hard to gt kids to wait for grow ups once they saw that sign

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely place and fantastic photos! I love Cumbria and would so love to visit again. And I agree with you, one of the great things about having visitors is that you get to act like a tourist too! #CoutryKids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coombe Mill (Fiona)19 April 2014 at 11:42

    Third post in a row - I am impressed! Such breathtaking views and an adventurous hike, not for the faint hearted or infirm - you all definitely earned your lunch. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've loved looking at this post - I've done that walk! A long time ago, but still memorable #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures, looks like a gorgeous and interesting trail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Money trees, bluebells and place signs bracketed "not recommended"… Lovely post. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous photos. Looks like a lovely area to have an adventure in! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  15. come back any time ;-) hoping we get out and about a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. when your munchkin a bit bigger you will have to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking for Blue Sky21 April 2014 at 14:39

    Wow what a week! Fantastic on winning the holiday, and the tickets to the show, and love the photos of blue skies and happy children xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. Never knew of this walk before.only walked from Elterwater to skelwith bridge before. Will definitely be doing this walk.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message