Thursday 3 April 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful week 14 #R2BC

Ojos World


I've handed back to the lovely Jo at Ojo's World for April, I know she will look after everyone! So back to my own reasons:

1) Family fun

We had a super weekend enjoying the Kendal Festival of Food. A couple of days exploring the foods that Cumbria has on offer plus sunshine and cute animals:


girl holding chick

I had a huge smile on my face for most of the weekend!

2) Mother's Day

I felt thoroughly spoilt this Mother's Day weekend. The children had made beautiful cards at school and my son couldn't wait to give me his so I had it Friday night! Then on Saturday I was awarded a lie in and breakfast in bed cooked by my daughter:

scrambled egg on toast

I was given the hand sewn bookmark my son had made at school:


Mum bookmark

Then whilst we were out my son chose me this heart necklace from a charity shop:


Heart necklace for mother's day

On Sunday I was presented with Choco Snaps in bed by my son before we headed back into town for more food festival! My final treat was Sunday dinner at Table Table - yummy.

3) Blue Skies

There is nothing quite like blue sky to keep you smiling:

Kendal Town Hall

If you are smiling then join in the hop!


20 comments:

  1. I had a hand made book mark too!! And that chick is too cute! Ibwould find it hard not to sneak one out lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely reasons and gorgeous gifts from your children, glad you had a great Mother's Day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for Blue Sky4 April 2014 at 09:13

    Food, presents and blue skies! Sounds perfect to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a blue sky! What a lovely treat filled weekend for you! We have a good festival in 2 weeks in really looking forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great day. That coffee cake looks amazing and your daughter looks like she's being so gentle with the chick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great British Family Blog4 April 2014 at 13:44

    Sounds a great day out. I love foodie festivals. Those chicks and lambs are gorgeous. We took my daughter on her first trip to a farm last weekend and saw a tiny 2 day old lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina Marriott4 April 2014 at 21:42

    looks like a great day out and some mouth watering food had by all! yum! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was divine! she was very careful

    ReplyDelete
  9. lambs around here by the tonne lovely to see them frolicking

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful day out! And yes, I am on your side. Fruit with chocolate DOES cancel put the calories. Enjoy! :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fruit and choc is totally diet food! Sounds lovely. We have a foodie festival coming up near us. Can't wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That chick is too cute and what gorgeous presents from your children x
    http://www.autismmumma.com/2014/04/my-multi-tasking-wotw-and-r2bc/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let's Talk Mommy7 April 2014 at 14:57

    What a great day out. Love all the photos. fruit with chocolate definitely counts as diet food. haha #sharefriday

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message