Monday 21 April 2014

#CountryKids at Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall


The last big activity we did with my family whilst they were up here was to go to Brockhole as it combines fun for children and interesting things for grown ups. With there being a surfeit of adults I even managed to get a run to the site and around it a few times:


running map at Brockhole

And no I wasn't running on the water I ran down the jetty:


Brockhole jetty

Meanwhile the children had been showing everyone around the park and walking the dog. I had spotted that there was a free cycle training event but could only persuade my daughter to give it a go:



Cycle training at Brockhole

She had a chance to try things like cycling along a narrow beam:


Cycle training at Brockhole trying the beam

Or a wobble bridge:


Cycle training at Brockhole wobble bridge

And even bike limbo:


Cycle training at Brockhole bike limbo

Once the grown ups got chilly from watching the children in the adventure playground we moved to semi sheltered traversing wall next to the visitor centre:


Brockhole traversing wall

My 7 year old is suddenly getting more confident and capable on things like this, but still finds the overhang section quite hard:


Brockhole traversing wall

There are three levels of difficulty and he found the easier level quite straight forward:


Brockhole traversing wall

Both my children had lots of fun trying out their techniques:


Brockhole traversing wall

After all that exercise it was time to refresh in the cafe. This is the cake my son chose:


Brockhole Angel Sparkle Cake

We made one last foray to the adventure playground and I found time to capture the glorious camellia on the veranda:


camellia

Hope next time we visit its a wee bit warmer!


SuperBusyMum

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message