Friday 7 February 2014

Frugal Friday: Plumgarths Meat Pack

I am looking for ways to keep the food budget down and eat local. So when I heard that one of our local farm shops (Plumgarths) was running a family meat pack for a week for £30 I thought I'd check it out:



So I got:

  • a dozen local eggs
  • 8 sausages
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 4 beef burgers
  • 1 pack stewing steak
  • 1 pack minced beef
  • big pack of bacon
  • 1 frozen meat pie

Of course being a family of 1 adult and 2 young children this is more than 1 week's worth! So I must jiggle the freezer to get some of it in there. I will have to update this post with how I use all the pack.. As I normally only spend £10 a week on meat this is will definitely need to be spread out.. I will track our progress as we go:


Day One:


My son had 3 sausages

My daughter and I had half the steak pie
Day Two:


My daughter and I finished off steak pie
Day 3:

I had 2 sausages

and a yummy fried egg

21 comments:

  1. OMG! That's amazing!! You would never get that much for £30 in Manchester!


    Rahul
    www.champagneandchutney.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm. Tis rather a lot though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Might be slightly too far to travel for some meat though! Still tempting as I love a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have load of foodie places here come for a weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coombe Mill (Fiona)8 February 2014 at 00:07

    Hand feeding a giraffe now that is something to remember. Looks like they have a huge selection of animals there and some great close up shots too. Looks like a great day and dry too! Thanks for joining me for Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its fabulous combines conservation with letting you close up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures and I love that you got to feed the giraffes and the emu. Scary bird claw pic too! My dog sleeps just like that Fennec Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  8. its a real hands on place! the foxes were dead cute all asleep..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what an amazing collection of photographs - great close-ups too. Sounds like you had the best time there, how wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. its an amazing place for families and photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful day out and beautifully recorded. How cool feeding the giraffes as well! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning photos! Lovely...... xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sara (@mumturnedmom)8 February 2014 at 12:39

    Wow, what fabulous photos! Looks like an amazing day. The fennec fox is gorgeous, and I love that you fed a giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fantastic day out. Gorgeous pictures too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you saw so much, I love the bird of prey photo #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh WOW, what amazing photos! It looks like you saw loads and had a great day out. I will have to put this place on my to-do list if we are ever up in the area :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How brilliant! I love zoos and your photos make me want to get up and go.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message