Saturday 1 June 2013

Shoulder to Shoulder and the Race for Life #S2S2D

Shoulder to Shoulder to Day


It's my turn to host for Emma's blog hop whilst she is still unable to hug her family. She wants us to raise awareness of Race for Life to help in the fight against cancer. I am more than pleased to do so as this month my daughter and I will be taking part in our 3rd race for life thanks to Aqua Pura. 

We did our first race back in 2009 when my daughter was 6. This was to remember her Nanny Willoughby who died of cancer before my daughter was born. We did no training before heading off around Alexandra Park in Hastings and it turned out to be a hot day! My daughter got me jogging quite a lot of the way... surprised I survived the experience.

Two years ago we signed up to the Kendal event at the County Show ground. Again we did no training and my daughter shot off way too fast and then struggled to finish. We did manage to run the final stretch together though:



This time of course I have been training for running and have my first 10 k completed. So hopefully I should be able to run the course. I will just have to squeeze some training in for my daughter so that she doesn't burn out! She wants to do it again because this time her dad has cancer and she is doing everything she can to help find cures. His thyroid cancer has the potential to be hereditary too so hopefully neither of my children will have been passed the faulty gene.

If you haven't signed up yourself or are sponsoring anyone else then please add to our Just Giving page. Please remember that Emma and Sarah over at Mum of Three World are running the Race For Life in Cheltenham on Saturday 7th July. Please go across to Emma’s page here and Sarah’s page here to sponsor.  We are also arranging a collection for Emma in order to arrange an amazing surprise for her, so please email Vicky at vickywelton@hotmail.com if you would like to contribute. The wonderful blogger donating this will be announcing it soon.

In case you didn’t know, Emma is now at home but still can’t cuddle her lovely family but she is on count down to 5th June to cuddle her husband, Jon, next is her 6 year old daughter on 11th June and finally the one year old twins on, aptly, Fathers Day 16th June.

3 comments:

  1. Emma Crazywithwins1 June 2013 at 13:17

    Fantastic to see someone else running Race For Life too. I can't even run for a bus so I need to train just for the 5K. Especially after being so ill. Excited this morning that I've been sent a bra and some training goodies from Panache!


    Sorry to hear your daughters dad also has thyroid Cancer. Can I ask which type he has? I've not been told my type is hereditary (papillary) so that's just why I'm wondering. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.


    Thankyou for your support through #S2S2D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria Welton1 June 2013 at 21:43

    I am so sorry to hear that your daughter's father has cancer - and that it's hereditary. I am crossing my fingers that your daughters are ok. Well done for doing the race for life :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria Welton1 June 2013 at 21:44

    And should have said, thank you for hosting today xx

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message