Thursday 21 March 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful Week 12 Spring? #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
Our linky host is still Seasider in the City whilst Michelle is on her Lent break. So please pop over there to see why she is smiling! Meanwhile her are mine:

1) Spring?

The calendar may say that it is Spring but there are also a few signs around to show that things are changing (despite heavy snow forecast for tomorrow!). We have fields full of lambs and flowers are coming out all over. These are some I found today:

 
2) Time with the children

The upside of having to leave work to collect a sick child from school is that I got to spend a lot more time than normal with the children! My son and I got to snuggle up watching movies whilst his sister had a snooze and then played on the Wii. 

Today before picking up her little brother my daughter and I wandered around the church graveyard - strangely we are both fascinated by graves! It was good to look and see what was on the stones:



Then we got to spend time after school in the park with a couple of other brave families (it was a wee bit chilly). Lovely to be able to chat to some other parents whilst the children got some fresh air play.

3) Proud Mummy

My son passed his next stage of swimming so is going to be on stage 4 from next month! He is a cautious swimmer so we will see how he does in this next class... He also earned his 3rd Beaver badge for experiments:


So glad he is still really enjoying his colony and long may it continue!

His big sister was in the school talent show on Friday. Her act was a poem that she acted out as she told it. She may not have won a prize but the head teacher told me how much he enjoyed her act and the energy she put into it!

4) End in sight..

With another dose of tonsillitis keeping her off school I rang the hospital for news on the operation to whip them out. We now have just over a month to wait hopefully until they are gone and hopefully she will be a lot healthier and happier.

What is making you smile this week?

7 comments:

  1. Aww, fab reasons! Love the photos, especially the spring flowers. I can't wait for the warmer weather =) x

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking in churchyards too they have always fascinated me. Generations of people who lived in the area I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take fab photo's (that should be another reason!) Best wishes for the op, I hope she makes a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the old tonsils can get the heave ho pretty soon poor thing. Well done on her performance and to your son on his badges- how great! I like the photos you've taken, there is Spring hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. in some you can see several generations which is fab

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you! just wish I'd made is as MADs finalist in photography :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message