Thursday 14 March 2013

Reasons to be Cheerful Week 11 #R2BC

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
Joining in again this week with Claire at Seasider in the City back in takeover mode! So lets see what's made me smile this week...

1) Running

I've been back on track and managed to run 20 minutes without stopping on Friday! 

Whoop! Just need to keep up the training when life doesn't get in the way!

2) Walking in her shoes

I managed to complete the challenge despite all the weather conditions being against me. It was an amazing challenge to fit into a busy life that is built around the ability to just jump in a car to get everywhere on time! No wonder those girls don't have time to have an education or work when they spend so much time collecting water. If you want to help change this then donate via my Just Giving page. I couldn't have done it without my children who walked in rain and snow with me.

3) Proud Mummy

My daughter came home with a certificate praising her independent maths work and original literacy work at school. Its always fantastic to know that my children are doing well at school and being recognised for their efforts.

Both children also did me proud on Saturday selling cakes to our friends in aid of cancer research:


4) Proud of Me

For the first time for about 25 years I am a qualified first aider! Its been an interesting 3 days with theory and hands on practicals. We had quite a lot of laughs on the way too as we learnt how to deal with lots of life threatening situations and how to do cope with a range of injuries. Now I just hope that I don't have to use some of those more serious skills in action but I'm confident I can if I need to.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first aid and also on the run. I am still a relatively new runner and 20 mins non stop sound an amazing start to me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your newly acquired skills! That's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the run! It's really reassuring knowing some first aid isn't it? Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message