Tuesday 3 January 2012

My blog year in review: Part 2

Time to finish off what I started in Part 1 with the second part of the year from July to December 2011:


July


This was the month I spent an awful lot of time getting my benefits re-instated after they were incorrectly removed! I made good use of my MP Tim Farron to get a resolution - eventually... In contrast to this my children had some ideas for a future new husband for me. I also got a chance to showcase my grandparents in The Gallery.


This was the month of the first Cumbria Twitnic and I hope to repeat it again. There was a brief foray into a Saturday Recipe Swap and I ought to try that again. I also joined in the Love a Read Book Group a few times over the year. 


View from Loughrigg

August


With it being the school holidays there were quite a few posts about getting out and about in Cumbria such as a walk on the Heald, Carlisle and the Lakeland Maize Maze. As a family we had fun reviewing more products such as Zoobles, Girly Dens and the Haba Fliffix


There was a look back over my family's medieval hobby before I went down south for a fortnight to take part in an medieval weekend. Whilst I was gone there were some lovely guest posts from Mellow Mummy and The Book Analyst


September


Big changes for my family this month as my son started primary school. We all seemed to adjust quite quickly to this. It was also the month of the sunflower which thrived in our garden this year.




I did my bit to promote Meningitis Awareness Week which I hope has helped a little bit. Then I became involved in A Passion for Kendal doing their social media, this will keep me busy until Easter 2012! More lovely product reviews including the Froobles. My quirky post for the month was on the Secret Life of the Laundry Basket.


October


The month started with the Cumbria Emergency Services Open Day which we all enjoyed attending. I also looked at the family tree mystery of my 2x great grandfather William Nash
I used my birthday as an excuse to raid the family photograph album


The highlight of the month was our trip to Manchester to see Bang Goes the Theory Live in Manchester at which my daughter volunteered to go on stage. I also got to meet up with some fellow Blipfoto photographers. We continued to review Haba toys and iPhone apps for children.


November


This was a great month for exploring Cumbria with a trip to Grizedale forest and spotting an otter in the River Kent in Kendal. The big project for the month was Operation 3rd Bedroom which gave us all our own rooms.


We had more lovely products to review including Extreme World, Moshi Monster Clay Buddies, Something for the WeekendA Doll for all TIme and Notalie. I spent a large chunk of the month without my car and I'm still having fun and games with it now!


December


I started off on a serious note with a campaign against domestic violence. Then some last minute product reviews before Christmas with Top That books, Haba toys and adult gifts. Big news was my major makeover which confused lots of people!


Then it was Christmas and the joys of my children's school productions both junior and infant. We had plenty of fun during the holidays including a walk up the Helm, a more serious hike near Elterwater and a very soggy walk on the Lancaster canal.




Here's hoping for more exciting blogposts to share with you in 2012 and lovely products to review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message