Tuesday 20 September 2011

Top That Publishing Review: The Froobles


This is my third "Yummy Mummy" book review for Top That Publishing:


This time we were sent 2 of the brand new The Froobles books Apps Apple and the Tooth Fairy and Bobby Blackberry and the treasure island. The books have an RRP of £2.99 and are compact in size like other popular ranges of children's books.


Each book starts with a scene created by children from a playgroup. Each story has a different lesson for children to learn such as not being selfish or listening to others. There are nice bright illustrations using a mix of models and collages. 

The stories are a good length to keep a young child's attention though my son was desperate to  use the free stickers that came in the book. Much to his sister's annoyance he stuck some of them over the words on the first page!


There is a Froobles website which has games for children to play with the characters such as noughts and crosses with Apps Apple. From November there will be Apps available on iTunes voiced by celebrities Johnny Vaughan, Denise van Outen, Edith Bowman and Reggie Yates.

The series is priced well for the pocket money and stocking filler market. With 12 to collect I'm sure this will become a popular range especially with all the website and apps links to keep the children's attention.

3 comments:

  1. They look like cute books! I'm a new GFC follower from the Wild Wednesday Hop. When you have a moment I hope you drop over and say hi :)

    Monica

    Blog - http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/OlderMommyStill
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Older-Mommy-Still-Yummy/173498892705144

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books look really fun! my son would love them!

    Stopping over from the wednesday blog hop. I have my 1,000 fan celebration going on right now giveaways daily! from sept. 19th-30th!
    http://www.peacelovepoop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. I'm following you on GFC from the Wild Wednesday Hop. Come hop with me tomorrow during my Friends-day Wednesday hop.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message