Saturday 17 September 2011

Saturday Recipe Swap: Microwave Cheese Sauce

Back after the summer break its time to dig out your favourite microwave recipes to share! What little tricks do you have to save time and make yummy food at the same time?


For my contribution I give you Microwave Cheese Sauce. My children would eat "cheesy pasta" every night if I let them so I needed a way to make it quick and fool proof. Having tried out a few versions I found via Google this is the one that works for me!

  1. In a big jug put 1/2 pint milk (semi or skimmed depending on who I'm making it for)
  2. For a coating sauce I add 1 oz of plain flour (use 1/2 oz for pouring sauce) and whisk out any lumps
  3. Put in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes
  4. Whisk
  5. Return to microwave and keep whisking every 30 seconds (or if rises too high) and cook for total 3 1/2-4 minutes
  6. Once thickened to required consistency add grated cheese to taste:

Stir into pre-cooked, drained pasta and serve to the starving masses!

Please link your recipes and then grab the code. Grab code for yourself: get the InLinkz code

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message