Thursday 22 September 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful XXIII (#R2BC)



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Another guest host with Mum of All Trades this week. I have to say I have plenty of reasons for being happy this week!

1) My weight

I hadn't felt all that optimistic going to my Rosemary Conley class today but when I stood on the scales I'd lost 3 pounds! For the first time for ages I've had successive losses which is a great boost. A combination of factors is involved:
  • with both children at school there is more routine and I can stick to my healthy eating programme better with solo slim meals
  • I've been listening to Thinking Slimmer for a couple of weeks and maybe the message is finally getting through!
  • I went to a Zumba class run by my Rosemary Conley instructor in Kendal. Amazing workout and such a laugh. Can't wait until next week to go again
Thinking positive that it's all going to keep coming off after this! Oh and top it off I got another Slimmer of the Week award.


2) My work

I had a major Usborne event at the Babymaze Baby and Toddler Show. Not only did I sell lots of books on the day I got one confirmed booking and lots of interest from local groups, nurseries etc. Today at the breastfeeding group I took books to I have been invited to visit on a regular basis and have got 2 more bookings in pipeline plus a lead into a school. All in all a good kick start to the Christmas season! If you want a party between now and Christmas you need to get in quick at the rate my diary is filling up...


3) The house

There are no major changes yet but I'm amazed at what I have done by following the FlyLady's babysteps. I haven't spent more than 15 minutes on any particular task but I've got rid of all the heaps of laundry everywhere (had to put kitchen radiator on to get them to dry in less than 2 days!) and even managed (briefly) to get to the bottom of my laundry basket. There was a brutal 15 minutes with the odd sock pile and I binned lots of odd black socks and baby/toddler socks that will never ever be reunited with their partner. In preparation for the big bedroom swap I've started to remove DVDs from the current study to the living room and the baskets of homeless toys and paperwork are shrinking as things are returned to their rightful place. Two weeks until my daughter's sleepover so the clock is ticking...

Why are you smiling this week? Please visit all the others taking part:

5 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to give the Flylady a go for a while, but I've put off reading because... well, it's housework and I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your weight loss and also on your books, hope you sell lots more and that you become all booked up too!
    Going to have a look into the link you posted about Flybe babysteps, sounds like something I could be interested in or need. thanks
    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon your weight loss this week is a healthy loss that you will be able to keep up. Not too drastic. Would be great if you could lose a steady 2lb a week I reckon by a combination of diet and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flylady is great! Really enjoyed reading your reasons this week. Thanks for linking up, it has been great hosting and reading everyones posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo, Slimmer of the week. Big well done. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message