Friday 30 September 2011

Life Circle I: Wheel of Life

Life Circle

Kate over at Five F's has started some of us off on a Life coaching course and each week is setting us some homework. This week we are starting off by examining our Wheel of Life to see where we starting off from:


I'm not going into full details for each section but this is my score out 10 for each sector at this point:

Fun and Recreation = 6

As a family we are having some good fun times at the minute but I need to find something more which is just for me. I do exercise classes but it would be great to have a hobby or some adult evenings out.

Career = 5

I'm hoping that my books is taking off slowly but I've yet to find some paid work to supplement the bits I'm earning. With more time I'm sure that this will be increasing soon and just hope that I'll get sorted soon.

Health = 7

My weight is slowly coming down so I'm a lot healthier than I was. Touch wood I haven't had any bugs for a while apart from some sniffly colds. My dodgy knee that I've had since I was 10 hasn't caused me problems since the spring (since it was prayed for!) so it may finally be better.

Personal Development = 6

I did get my PTLLS earlier this year which made me feel like I was working my little grey cells. I could probably do with more of a challenge in improving an old skill or learning a new one.

Friends and Family = 8

I am very blessed by living near my parents and an aunt and uncle. Having them all less than 10 minutes away is wonderful. My best buddies from school are still close but unfortunately live a long way from me. In Kendal I've met lots of lovely people I enjoy being with but it takes time to build up those really close friendships. 

Environment = 8

Living in Cumbria has to be one of the nicest parts of the UK to live. My children are at school in the Lake District National Park so I get to drive through beautiful countryside every day. The air is fresh and even the rain doesn't seem so bad up here even though there is a lot of it! Just need to sort the house out so that home is as lovely as what's outside the walls...

Finance = 2

I am still at the point where money comes in and goes straight out. Yes we have some little treats but I need to find a way of getting more money coming in... 

Romance/Significant Other = 0

I've been on my own now for just over 2 years and divorced for 3 months and as yet haven't had even a sniff of romance! Oh well its still early days ;-)

Click on the badge and go see what everyone else has put!

13 comments:

  1. You've taken the positivity note to a new level, love it!!
    Overall you seem pretty happy life-wise - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where you live sounds lovely - how lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your positive attitude! I have a giveaway on my blog you might be interested in--a book called the upside of the down times!! (just click on the giveaay button on the left and scroll down a bit!
    I am also a brand new GFC follower from About a Mom!

    Michele aka MikiHope
    www.mikishope.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to investigate this Life Circle a little further. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm a new follower from About A Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you for your honest appraisal of your life. I chickened out of such a detailed tell-all this week but hope to join in more fully next week. You sound like things are on the up - long may it last!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am sure we can all help with the areas you have identified, look forward to reading more as the week's go on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, a fellow Life Circle participant here, great to "meet" you, look forward to the next few weeks when hopefully we can start working on increasing some of our scores!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks as though you've already made a good start on the health front, and life in the lakes sounds great even if you're finding ways to be frugal. Hopefully together we can chip away at the areas you want to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really positive start with definite areas to improve. Look forward to reading more as Life Circle continues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really positive, Becky. Hopefully, the next task will take you to the next level of thinking what you want to do and what to work on

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful - I'm thrilled to be joining in. It's very tricky finding time for oneself at the best of times - and you're doing a great job on getting to that exercise class - hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great start and post. I think this 'Life Circle' thing is a great idea! I enjoyed reading your response and, as I've said before, I adore the Lake District. If I could get hubbie to move back to the UK I would LOVE to live there x I love your realism and positivity in this post. Hope you are having a good weekend, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post!

    Hurray! Thank you for joining the Monthly Make for 2012. I am really looking forward to seeing what you make! I am going to try very hard this year and really hope that we can support one another! If you do a post about your make then please pop by and leave me a comment so that I can come over and see it! Love Annie x ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message