Thursday 4 August 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful XVIII (#R2BC)

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Time to think positive again and list my reasons to be cheerful this week!

1) Family days out

I had a lovely day walking near Windermere with my parents and kids on what turned out to be the last proper day of summer this week! Sunshine, fresh air and exercise with family in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK has got to be a top reason to smile.




2) De-cluttering

Together with my extended family we did the Staveley car boot sale and got rid of lots of bits. Other stuff has gone via Internet sales so there is less clutter and the kids have a decent holiday fund.

3) New friends

Through my mum I've been introduced to a fellow single mum who has moved to Kendal with her twin boys. Co-incidentally her boys first names match my son's first and second names so we are unlikely to forget our children's names! Having bumped into each other in the park we arranged to have a day out at Brockhole this week. Despite the damp weather we went ahead with it and had a lovely time getting to know each other better. Here's looking forward to more of the same.





5 comments:

  1. What great reasons, so pleased you have made a new fried, that can make the world of difference.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reasons.
    I too can celebrate family walks and decluttering but still waiting for that elusive new friend. How i would like someone to be with and talk to locally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always great to find new friends not onlyfor you but for the children too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, I love the Lakes what a gorgeous place to live. Slightly jealous... wanna swap for the roar of the M4?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Windermere is beautiful and meeting new friends is always nice x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message